Yingele...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Love Actually.



Fine, I agree. I am a little too negative. Actually a little more than just a little. So let me put my pink sunglasses on and give it a try. Fingers crossed, here goes...

Let's us all take a break. A relaxing break from all of our world's problems. Everyone agrees; we are living on a polluted planet. A dark, mad and sad world. But let's halt. Let's catch some breath, and let's stop our self destructive negativity. Let's start looking at everything from the bright side. It's bad - but there is always some sunshine. That little sunshine, those happy sparks that we'll shine onto our world, might push aside some of the darkness, some of the pain. We all have enough trouble overcoming our own limitations without fretting over the fact that God didn't see it fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence. We all want to fix our world. Everyone wants to make it a safer, better and happier place. Good! Very good! But - we can't.

As the one who pleaded innocent says:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer :
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change.


Instead of trying to fix them up, instead of us getting all worked up just because of them. Instead of us waisting our time with those fakers, bluffers and crooks. Let's just all forget about them. Forget about the whole bunch of them; they aren't worth it. We will live our lives - not theirs. Let's just all be happy. We live happy and honest lives. Our families and friends love us. We love others. Love is what we spread - on our lovely world. There are so many nice and lovely people around. All those kind Rabbi's who never give up on me. All the nice Rabbi's who actually care about me. Every holiday - those who give me their precious time. We all have nice parents who take care of us, who love us and cherish us. No matter how mean we where, no matter how much wrong we did - they still care for us. They still help us and give us, after so much pain that we gave them in return.

Kindness. There is so much kindness that surrounds us. We could ask favours from anyone. Whenever we need something there's always someone special there for us. Is it a pack of sugar, a couple of eggs or a shoulder to cry on - we are never alone. This world is actually pretty nice! Last week as I was coming back from town, I was sitting on the bus next to this young Yemenite kid with nice long curly peyes. He was busy munching from his small brown bag of peanuts. Without a word, he smilingly looks up and offers me some. Just look around, and see. Love, actually, is all around us.

16 Comments:

  • It's all written using we, we and we - but I only meant me, myself and I.

    Lost - thanks for reminding me Jacko's song.

    By Blogger yingele, at Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:19:00 PM  

  • Two sides to every coin.

    Some days its flipped on the shiny side, others its the "wrong" way round.

    By Blogger Frummer?????, at Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:25:00 PM  

  • how right yingle as always!appreciating the small stuff is always harder, but some time more rewarding .. a warm smile , a kind word changes so much

    By Blogger ghetto, at Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:47:00 PM  

  • I feel it in my fingers,
    I feel it in my toes,
    Love is all around me,
    And so the feeling grows,
    It's written on the wind,
    It's everywhere I go.

    So pleased you caught a glipse of it this time, now just don't let go!

    By Blogger Karl, at Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:32:00 PM  

  • Yingele!!

    That is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can never watch it enough.(Well, yeah, I actually can.)

    I think you are so right; you don't have to look to hard to realize that love actually is all around.

    Karl,

    You reminded me of the first scene where he keeps getting the words messed up. Did you see it?

    By Blogger chayala, at Friday, June 17, 2005 5:13:00 AM  

  • I did see it, but I was thinking of the song. The last few words of the post just got me singing it.

    By Blogger Karl, at Friday, June 17, 2005 11:32:00 AM  

  • whoa, yings, firstly, I posted that song a while back! Mine, I tell you, mine!

    Also, Karl you git, I was gonna write those very words. I'm starting to think like all of you!. Hellllllp.

    Seriously though Ying, the positive one is my attitude.

    "Life is very short and there's no time
    For fussing and fighting my friend"

    Pure genius from Paul and John.

    TRK

    By Blogger The Rabbi's Kid, at Friday, June 17, 2005 4:12:00 PM  

  • Dude, that was really profound... NOT!!

    Seriously, though I liked that post. Are you sure you aren't a sensitive girl masqurading as a bochur.

    By Blogger Semgirl, at Friday, June 17, 2005 7:10:00 PM  

  • semgirl: i was going to suggest you go ou with yingele but i got another guy for you check your email

    yingy: do you think the kid in the picture is gonna get a beating for holding the girls hand?

    By Blogger thekvetcher, at Monday, June 20, 2005 2:45:00 AM  

  • nice post

    By Anonymous s, at Monday, June 20, 2005 9:37:00 PM  

  • Exactly frummer! And when it happens to fall the wrong way round - no need to worry. Tomorrow it'll be head up.

    Thank you ghetto! < a warm smile >

    Karl. I fell it in my - shit, damn... lol.

    Chayala, ye. I like it too. It's really a nice movie. (And I'm a boy... Yoish!)

    By Blogger yingele, at Monday, June 20, 2005 11:22:00 PM  

  • TRK, "Life is very short and there's no time
    For fussing and fighting my friend". That's such a good line, I got to print it out in big and stick it on my door!

    Semgirl, that's the power of blogging ;-). And welcome to blogland. Good luck and enjoy!

    Kvetch, you would be surprised!

    Thank you s. You made my day.

    By Blogger yingele, at Monday, June 20, 2005 11:25:00 PM  

  • yingele; do me a favor and translate the song i sent you.

    By Blogger thekvetcher, at Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:19:00 AM  

  • yo its b-boy i forgot my password lol
    nice post and ghetto ur so right i nice word or smile can make all the difference.
    oh btw yingele i found a typo u wrote "where" instead of "were"
    but dont worry it still a nice post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:34:00 AM  

  • Kvetch, I'm not that good at it. Ask MGirl, she's good!

    Bboy, busy, busy, busy... Talk to you later.

    By Blogger yingele, at Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:34:00 PM  

  • That pic is so cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home