Yingele...

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Go to Hell.

Ring ring. My brother-in-law gets a surprise phone call. It's our lovely uncle from Kiryat Sefer on the line. Yes, that holy little place called Kiryat Sefer; home to the Frummie-Krummies. Okay, to make a long story short, Mr. NiceGuy informs my brother that he should tie me to a leash. My uncle claims that some guy spotted little Yingele in Town, wearing red jogging and talking to a girl. Waaaah! Lil' rebel that I am. And stupid snitch that he is.

Uncle, since when has it become your business what color trousers I wear? I understand, you surely mean it for my good. Don't you, huh? All snitchers are wonderful, good-hearted people. They always mean well. Dear Uncle, moichel toives! I don't need, neither want your stupid favors! Who do you think you're bullshitting? Maybe you think that there's one tiny braincell in anyone's head thinking that you meant it only for my good? I don't think so... If you would indeed only have my goodness in mind, if the only reason you snitched on me was just because you love me. Then why didn't you come to me, my dear Uncle? I (usually) don't bite. Maybe, just maybe, you think that my Brother can help me more than I can help myself... After all, he is the one taking care of me.

Well, dear Uncle. have you then forgotten; A person is his best teacher. I am the first one who can help myself. My life depends solely and entirely on me. Yingele, and Yingele alone is responsible for his actions. His good actions... and his bad ones. So please, next time, if what you want is helping me, just come straight to the perpetrator of the crime. Me.

We are all nothing but creatures. Creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. Our subconscious needs that feeling of importance that we so deeply crave for. John D. Rockefeller received his feeling of importance by donating millions to charities around the globe. One of the most notorious criminals at the heart of gangland Chicago, Al Capone, received his portion of importance through all his illegal activities. And you, dear Uncle, you feed your Pride by snitching. You get your feeling of importance by telling others what to do.

My uncle isn't a mean person. I have no doubt; he loves me. I do not know how much, but surely he doesn't hate me. He isn't trailing me and he isn't trying to get me into any trouble. My uncle is only human. But please, I beg you. I don't need any more trouble. Telling me that I am wrong behind my back, only causes resentment. Only causes rebelliousness. The instant I first heard that he called, I got so angry, I was ready to run down to Town and play the little rebel. Then I stopped. I thought. No, I will not alter any second of my life because of him. I am not going to break any rules, just because of him. He isn't worth it. They aren't worth it.

My uncle is a jerk. All snitchers are jerks. But I have learned. I will not ruin my life just because of them. I will not give into them. Yingele is still young, but one day he will be ever so strong. And to you, dear Snitchers world wide. Please, just leave me alone and go to hell...

23 Comments:

  • ahhh whats happened to you.
    so then drop your life and go live with the random girl why dont you. the snitcher was wrong to snitch- but seeing as you ever so holy uncle new why cant he confront you? i think your being slightly petty about this and making a big deal out of nothing. the society your in, where you live, your bringing shame on your family and your own. think about it yingele, think what you believe in, think what you do, doing to your family and think how you would like YOUR kids to behave then shout about your family like there nothing. what about derech eretz?! maybe if you were brought up in a society that wore red pants and chatted to girls then it would be slightly more ok but to be brought up as a frum orthadox jew- lie- say you are a good jew (in your families eyes) to the choshov people in the world but then sneak behind there backs. its not easy for the people who think your such a gr8 jew- keeps everything and behaves like a proper yeshiva bochur to come to terms that you are not the person your making youself out to be.
    THINK ABOUT IT YINGELE....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:57:00 AM  

  • Red pants! LOL! He must have seen you on Purim!

    But why did you have to put down the whole town of Kiryat Sefer just because of your uncle?

    Anyway your red pants remind me of a joke I heard:

    During one of the many wars that the French and the British fought and the French usually lost, the French just happened to capture a British Major. An officer brought the Major to the French general for interrogation. The French general began ridiculing the Major for wearing "that stupid red tunic." The French general said, "Why to you wear that red uniform, it makes it easy for us to shoot you." The British major replied, "If I do get wounded, the blood will not show, and my soldiers will not get scared." The French general said, "That is a very good idea," The Frenchy turned to his orderly and said, "From now on all French officers will wear brown pants."

    http://www.code7r.org/Bintoons/allies2.htm

    By Blogger Cosmic X, at Sunday, April 03, 2005 1:10:00 PM  

  • "No, I will not alter any second of my life because of him. I am not going to break any rules, just because of him. He isn't worth it. They aren't worth it."

    I understand you were upset when you added this post, but please stick to what I just quoted. Do not lower yourself by using foul language. You are a mentch - act like one.
    Forgive me for the unasked-for mussar...

    By Blogger defen, at Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:23:00 PM  

  • Red pants? Where's your sense of style, huh?

    Anyway, tell him that you're really very frum, and even sort your links on your blog separately - yingelech and meidelech. ;)

    By Blogger Shevy, at Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:57:00 PM  

  • red pants........im still laughing a day on... :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 04, 2005 12:04:00 AM  

  • The fact that this has got you so worked up, obviously shows you know it was wrong (yes, the red trousers as well) and are just trying to justify it. We need to seriously talk about those red trousers when you are home!

    By Blogger Karl, at Monday, April 04, 2005 2:27:00 AM  

  • well said karl
    very true point...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 04, 2005 6:21:00 AM  

  • Red jogging. You know, the ones you wear in a Gym?

    By Blogger yingele, at Monday, April 04, 2005 9:32:00 AM  

  • Oh, Karl,

    What difference does it make if I was right or wrong. He stays a snitch, I stay angry.

    It would be mean to snitch to your boss about you blogging and chatting during working hours, wouldn't it? Even though it's true...

    By Blogger yingele, at Monday, April 04, 2005 2:03:00 PM  

  • People like that... I mean, you're minding your own business, having a great life, actually enjoying yourself, and then out of nowhere, bam! Suddenly you are reduced to a self-conscious child. That is not a kiddush HaSh-m.

    By Blogger Jen, at Monday, April 04, 2005 7:27:00 PM  

  • When I was in yeshiva a guy who davens in the shul my rosh hashiva was the rav saw me on the beach, i got busted, and when the rosh hashiva asked me what I was doing on the beach, i asked him what that snitch was doing on the beach? lol he had no answer, but i still got in trouble. :-D

    By Blogger Chaim, at Monday, April 04, 2005 8:48:00 PM  

  • yingele- get changed b4 you leave the gym!!! wow- you are a real fashion victim..
    just joking ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 04, 2005 11:15:00 PM  

  • To comment on life-of-rubin:
    You can't go to the beach and be frum? G-d made the ocean for us all to enjoy. The sand is for the pleasure of our feet.

    To explain what I meant earlier:
    Some people just have to nose their way into our lives, it seems. We're minding our own business, having a nice life, and then all of a sudden we have to second-guess our every move for fear of being watched. That's no life. Can a frum person not jog in his jogging pants? These rules are going to strangle us if we're not careful. And being a tattletale is not the way, I'm sure, holy people want to be known as.

    By Blogger Jen, at Monday, April 04, 2005 11:25:00 PM  

  • you!! RED!!! pants nunu otherwise u should've still been more carefull 'bout talking too girls in public and i agree with anonymous about what it does to ur families image think 'bout it...

    P.s. send me an email i need to ask u something!!

    By Blogger b. boy, at Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:21:00 AM  

  • Jen, I didnt go for the sand :-) not that it was THAT type of beach, just me and my other non yeshiva friends who went didnt go to run our feet in the waves.

    By Blogger Chaim, at Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:59:00 PM  

  • never mind where i stand on this issue - i'm impressed by the subtle but crucial changes from the tone and infections of your first posts. kol hakavod.

    By Blogger Josh, at Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:56:00 PM  

  • Thank you Josh!

    By Blogger yingele, at Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:19:00 PM  

  • wheather or not ur uncle is jelous is completely irrelevant . what matters is that u r man enough to control ur emotions, look ur guardian in the eye and say WHAT?? ME?? is that something i would do? R u sure that my dear uncle wasnt drunk. this approach both gets u off the hook and makes ur uncle seem like a senile old fool. furthermore next time he sees u and calls to reprimand/boost ego he will be strengthening that image of idiocy u will have hopefuly created for ur "dear caring" uncle

    By Anonymous josed, at Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:51:00 AM  

  • Yingele we where given a middle finger for a reason so stick it up to your uncle, whether he meant you favour or not is of no relevance, look around you and see all the troubled kid are mostly like that from people who cared for them but never bothered to pause for a second and considered whet it is the kid cares for, when I was your age I had plenty of people who so to say cared but could never look me in the eyes long enough to get a reflection of them self’s in my eyes.

    Good luck with your gym and try not to get the fashion police called on you, have a look here http://www.cafepress.com/jewschool.15761162 in case you want to get that girl a gift.

    By Blogger LostSpirit, at Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:18:00 AM  

  • Josed, thanks for the tip. Learned my lesson when I was 14 and have played the game since then!

    By Blogger yingele, at Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:33:00 PM  

  • I knew you were no good.

    Feh.

    Red gym pants (snort)

    By Blogger PsychoToddler, at Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:12:00 AM  

  • your uncle is a jerk.

    his actions were out of line.

    as for embarrassing your family.

    if you can try not to.

    no point to do it if it can be avoided.

    good luck and best wishes .

    you can email anytime for advice if you feel like it.

    charles

    By Anonymous charles, at Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:42:00 AM  

  • your uncle is a jerk.

    his actions were out of line.

    as for embarrassing your family.

    if you can try not to.

    no point to do it if it can be avoided.

    good luck and best wishes .

    you can email anytime for advice if you feel like it.

    charles

    By Anonymous charles, at Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home