Yingele...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Whole Year Purim.

Now wouldn't that be a blast, celebrating Purim 365 days a year. I don't mean literally celebrate. The Megilla, MiShloach Manot and the Gifts to the Poor will still be kept exclusively for that one day. Oh, and Ad De Lo Yoda will also be reserved for Adar the 15th. We don't want to burden Twersky's Alcoholics Anonymous help center too much and you'll have something nice to look forward to.

Purim's joy, ecstasy and freedom, that's what we should celebrate a gantz johr. The cheerfulness we all run around with on those short twenty four hours. Where is it the whole year? Purim (most normal people) don't get angry. We all have patience, we don't rush, we don't care. Compared to any other Sunday afternoon, on Purim we don't get antagonized as quickly, knowing that it's, after all, a blissful day. The other guy is anyway drunk, so what's the point yelling?

Freedom and carelessness. Imagine that wonderful feeling of freedom. Being able to do whatever, whenever and wherever you like. No need to worry a split second about what others might say, what others might think. Being able to wear whatever you fancy, without thinking how others will judge you. Wake up in the morning and decide to wear those red-Aladdin-hats, just go ahead and wear it. Life would be so much simpler, so much nicer.

Everyone would just live their own life. Not trying to imitate anyone, not trying to pretend being someone else. Everybody wouldn't pretend being Somebody, and would just be Nobody but Themselves. Now that would be so much fun! A whole world fakers-free. Thinking of it, I might establish a new sect; the Purimholics.

9 Comments:

  • Yingele, I'll be your first chossid!!!

    By Anonymous John Paulus III, at Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:18:00 PM  

  • I liked what you wrote. But,I don't know, I saw alot of sad people on purim...
    Maybe next year I'll get drunk(not likely) and then it'll look better:)
    I'm kinda glad Purim is only once a year. It's not real, the freedom is more of an illusion.
    boy, do I sound depresed!

    By Anonymous itsallgood (from H.com), at Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:30:00 PM  

  • Itsallgood; Please remember, I'm eighteen. I didn't spot any grumpy teenagers on Purim...

    By Blogger yingele, at Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:53:00 PM  

  • I'm 18 too, but I did see some grumpy teenagers on Purim. I saw 3 teenagers that were crying away... I think alcohol has that affect on some ppl. I'm a girl and I don't drink so I watched it all from the outside, maybe that's the difference. For Purim only I wish I could be a guy, seems like they have more fun.

    By Anonymous itsallgood, at Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:59:00 PM  

  • I don't drink. Have too many secrets...

    By Blogger yingele, at Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:26:00 PM  

  • You are so naive. It's not surprising that you're so oblivious to how much all the hefker carelessness by people your age aggravates and bothers so many others: Older people that are carelessly pushed or brushed aside by some brazen yeshiva guy doing his drunken jig; parents that hate the fact that their young kids are seeing so much irresponsible behavior from people their kids look up to; all sorts of people (Jews and Goyim) that see how frum people use purim as an excuse for tons of rude and inappropriate behavior.

    By Blogger The Hedyot, at Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:23:00 PM  

  • The Hedyot, thank you for your comment. I must agree with you. Some do indeed cause trouble. But... I was reffering to the 'nice' side of selfness and carelessnes. Knowing that you could do whatever you think is right without other people judging you accordingly...

    By Blogger yingele, at Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:11:00 PM  

  • That nice side of not worrying what other people think is always open to you. Just get out of the yeshivish/chareidi world. True, no matter where you go, you'll probably still be judged in some superficial ways, but no place does it as badly as the chareidi world.

    By Blogger The Hedyot, at Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:06:00 AM  

  • Hedyot,
    Or I can just leave the Chareidi world. Or I can just 'Faif on the velt' and do whatever I think is right, do according to what I believe in and all who don't like it can go to...

    By Blogger yingele, at Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home