Yingele...

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Make me want!

This post is dedicated to my lovely sister and in memory of the fight I so tragically lost last night.

Dearest sister,

I am terribly sorry. Shamefully I must admit, I was totally wrong last night. My behaviour was completely and utterly disgusting.
As I was lying sleeplessly in bed I was trying to recapture the past half hour. How could I behave in such away? Particularly to someone so kind, someone who gives me the world…?Sister, I am sorry. Please forgive me, I am so sorry.


But… some things you should know about me: I don’t like being told stuff. I can’t stand it when someone orders and bosses me around. No one likes being told what to do. It hurts our feeling of self-importance that we so much crave.

There is only one way under high heaven to get anybody to do anything. Just one approach. Make the other person want to do it. Remember there is no other way.

Of course I can make someone want to give me his watch by poking a revolver into his ribs. Of course I can get a short lasting effect (if any), by using negative criticism and forcing.

I know that you care for me and love me, but please, still show it to me. If you just would ask me nicely and friendly to shut down the computer. If you would be reasonable and give me another 10 minutes. If you would make me want to shut it down, you would have gained much more, wouldn’t you? Next time you don’t want me to hang out and next time you want me to go to sleep, please try and make me want to do it… It’s very hard indeed and takes allot of thinking, but please try your best. We only do things if we want to.

Please try and bear in mind; I am still only a young Yingele...

Truthfully yours,

the Yingele

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home