Yingele...

Monday, March 21, 2005

Diamond in the Rough

You were born an original, don't die a copy. What a famous saying. But what's the original and what's the copy? Who is the real me, and who is the real you?

A simple Jew was once travelling on a journey. He arrived at a certain town near nightfall, and desperately sought lodgings at the town inn. To his dismay, he learned that there was no room in the inn since a group of soldiers were staying there. He pleaded until the innkeeper let him stay in the room of the General, who was away for the night, on condition that he leave at the crack of dawn. Awakened by the innkeeper while it was still dark outside, the rushed, weary-eyed traveller mistakenly wore one of the Generals uniforms and left. Seeing his military-clad reflection in one of the store windows the simple Jew exclaimed, "That foolish inn keeper woke up the General instead of me!"

We often judge people by how they appear and by what they do. We judge ourselves by how we appear and by what we do. Others judge us in the same way. Tending to forget who and what we really are. Behaving under the” influence" of my surroundings. It isn't the real me hanging out with girls, it isn't the real me watching movies.

Deep deep inside of us, we are all holy, pure and sweet. We just act under the anxiety of our emotions, rather than a true, inner desire to do wrong. So even though we all sinned so much, we hurted pur Father so much, never is it too late to change. It is never to late to polish the diamond in the rough.

The Rebbe Reb Zushe of Hanipoli's holy eyes never saw a complete evil angel. Not one dark devil is fully built. Every Mitsvah that we make, creates a good angel. Every aveiroh, a dark one. According to the completeness of the Mitsva, so too is the wholeness of the Malach. If the mitsva is complete, the angel is complete. No sin has ever been made with a total devotion to the evil, wrong and bad. Even while A Jew is sinning, his pure soul is feeling bad. Deep deep inside all his layers of Gashmius, his Pintele Yid is regretting it. No complete sin, hence no complete angel.

This year Purim, when I will spot a witch, ogre or phantom, I will remember my lesson. It's not an ugly monster carying that basket full of goodies, but a happy and innocent kid. So too, little Yingele, in the end, deep within, he is fine and blessed.

7 Comments:

  • what the fuck are you talking about!

    By Blogger SholomBare, at Monday, March 21, 2005 3:13:00 PM  

  • Am I supposed to be offended by that? Because if I am,...then i'll just go along with it.

    By Blogger yingele, at Monday, March 21, 2005 3:26:00 PM  

  • Boy or should I say yingele I can feel the beet of your heart with every word you say, and I shear many of your feelings, and have been and still am facing them, and I have some bad news for you I am in my mid 30’s and still in search of the real me, (I must admit iv only been looking for the last year or so, till then it was the pleasure principle all the way).

    With out only meaning to plug my blog have a look at http://lost-spirit.blogspot.com/2005/03/chareidi-in-search-of-his-g-d.html.

    Just as a word of chizek I would like to state what the cleverest of all shlome hamalech said in kohales 9
    “7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for G-d hath already accepted thy works.
    8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no oil.
    9 Enjoy life with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which He hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity; for that is thy portion in life, and in thy labour wherein thou labourest under the sun.”

    So don’t let the guilt get the better of you, and as you say be sure you have many complete angels that will over come the disabled ones.

    By Blogger LostSpirit, at Monday, March 21, 2005 5:24:00 PM  

  • You sure you're only 18, Yingele?

    So many adults out there would love to have your clarity of mind and be where you are in life right now.
    Don't ever be anyone but yourself.

    By Blogger Hoezentragerin, at Monday, March 21, 2005 8:30:00 PM  

  • Nice post, Yingele when you gonna get some links up!

    By Blogger Chaim, at Monday, March 21, 2005 9:30:00 PM  

  • WOW !!!!

    By Blogger Shadchun, at Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:21:00 AM  

  • Yingele, I'm in awe! A great vort for Purim. I'll say it at the Purim meal if I am still coherent!

    By Blogger Cosmic X, at Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home